the crescent moon above us - the best of the twilight soundtracks (listen) (take it with you)
antidotes to a bad day/when you don’t feel loved
- clean your room. i mean really clean it. wash your sheets, vacuum, change the curtains, break out the oxyclean and get the stains out.
- call an anonymous number that’s set up for secrets and stories. tell the number everything or make up a story or cry or do whatever you need to say outloud and tell someone who actually won’t tell a soul (imboycrazy’s 8886662045 is a good one)
- have someone around for tea. take care of them and indulge them with your very best cooking.
- if you can’t have someone over, skype and play word games.
- talk to your mom. talk to her about your bad time, or ask her about her day. pick up the phone or go downstairs and reconnect.
- memorize a song from a band you like but have never really listened to.
- listen to someone talk about things that don’t involve you. NPR is good.
- take a walk.
- drink a bunch of cool water.
- pull up youtube videos of yoga and do some.
- make yourself look as lovely as possible, regardless of who’s gonna see you. dress up. be beautiful or handsome or anything.
- wear your favourite clothes.
- listen to starfucker and watch adventure time.
- eat well. either indulge in a frozen pizza or be on your feet cooking for two hours- no middleground.
- fold paper cranes, because if you fold 1000 you get a wish.
- write letters to anyone, or no one, or yourself, but write letters. it’s hard at first but before you know it you’ll be writing pages.
- smell good.
- take a nap.
- watch whatever makes you laugh, even if it’s tactless. who gives a fuck?
- change your computer background to something new.
- learn the difference between lonely and alone.
- learn the difference between patience and being desperate. respect yourself.
- even if you one you love most doesn’t love you back, know that by loving them in the first place is doing the most beautiful and selfless thing in the universe, and it’s not wrong.
can’t steal happiness » a collection of upbeat tunes to lift your spirits and make you want to dance
i. charlie brown - coldplay | ii. daylight - matt and kim | iii. 1985 - bowling for soup | iv. all i want is you - barry louis polisar | v. be ok - ingrid michaelson | vi. it’s nice to be alive - ball park music | vii. dancing through life - wicked soundtrack | viii. girls just wanna have fun - cyndi lauper | ix. hurts like heaven - coldplay | x. jerk it out - the caesars | xi. the king and all of his men - wolf gang | xii. let’s dance to joy division - the wombats | xiii. bulletproof - la roux | xiv. little talks - of monsters and men | xv. moth’s wings - passion pit | xvi. young blood - the naked and famous | xvii. mountain sound - of monsters and men | xviii. my favorite things - the sound of music soundtrack | xix. pony (it’s ok) - erin mccarley | xx. shake it out - florence + the machine | xxi. lights and music - cut copy | xxii. sad sad city - ghostland observatory | xxiii. happiness - the weepies
if anyone is sad
I’ve wanted to get this down for a while. I have an interesting view when it comes to this.
I once heard someone call their body their “meatsuit” and it got me thinking. What is a body? Why do we place so much importance on it? There are so many people that place judgement on a person for their body, but never stop to consider the person inside that body.
My view is that our body is nothing more that our vehicle. We can see the world though the eyes, hear sounds through the ears, and express our thoughts with the vocal chords. But really what you and your body are are two entirely different things. And you leave your body behind when you die.
I think a person should put more effort into bettering “themselves” before their “vehicle.”
Basically, I try to live my life by looking past a persons body, or “vehicle” and trying to see the person inside. And it has helped me relate to people, it’s helped me look past differences, and it’s helped me kind of see that while we are all special, and we are all essentially equal.
thank you this is my exact philosophy
blink if you hella cool
breathe if you hella sweet
live if you hella awesome
no no no no no no oh shit i was only gone for 5 minutes why does this have notes
it’s gettin hella notes